Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mission 1: The Purl Bee Super Easy Baby Blanket


This, my friends, is the Purl Bee Super Easy Baby Blanket. When I was pregnant with my daughter I found this pattern and decided I would make it before she was born.

Did I?

Uh. No.

Thus, it will be my first project. I plan on making two as Christmas gifts; one for my son and one for my daughter. And to be honest, I don't plan on following the pattern exactly. They will be larger for my two toddlers to put on their beds and, after obsessing about color palettes, I decided to make them two-tone.

Really, I was spending waaaaaay too much time with the color choice. Greens? Blues? Greens and blues? Rainbow? Ugh!

Today, I ordered the yarn from Knit Picks to start my son's blanket. I chose the Comfy Worsted Yarn for it's ability to be washed...a must for kids! The colors? Peapod, a green shade, and Whisker, a lighter gray shade.

I think D will like it.

My next step is to purchase some new circulars since the ones I have won't be long enough to make blankets. Hobby Lobby, here I come.

The yarn should come in soon and I will, of course, keep you updated on my progress.

As for my daughter's blanket? I am thinking Whisker paired with either Fairytale, a red-violet color, or Pomegranate, which is uh...pomegranate colored. Maybe. I don't know! Any suggestions/thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. First of all let me say Great name! boy are you lucky to get it first!! I am expecting lots of cool updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so surprised it was not taken! I am pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete