Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mission 4: Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do.

For as long as I can remember, I have been really interested in the idea of making food that people love so much they can't help but talk about it. It might just be the Southerner in me, who knows.

One of the things I like to do the most is bake cookies. They are almost always simple to make and they are always a good sweet treat to have on hand.

I have a pretty set cookie repertoire -- NY Times chocolate chip cookies, Emeril's Kicked-Up Snickerdoodles and the Pioneer Woman's ever versatile Oatmeal Crispies. I don't, however, have a good sugar cookie recipe. This is a shame since sugar cookies are my favorite!

Enter these Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies. How can you go wrong with toasted coconut, tangy lime and sweet, sweet sugar?

They were so simple to make and a big hit! In fact, I have since made a lemon version of these cookies and have plans to make an orange version.

The (citrus) sky's the limit!

1 comment:

  1. These cookies sound so good!! I love that you used your mom's green plate for the shot! I can't wait to taste some, you can't keep all that good stuff to yourself ya know!

    ReplyDelete